7.13.2012

Third times a charm.

Hello blogosphere!

This is my third attempt (yes, I said third) at penning a blog. The other two just ended up being one of those things where I was really good about posting for a month or so, but then it fell off the face of the earth. But, third times a charm, right?

I'm currently on summer break from Harding University. It's a little private Christian liberal arts school (such an oxymoron, huh?) in Searcy, AR. I'm really missing all my friends and just our random trips to Sonic or Wal-Mart, or even Little Rock. Heck, I'm even missing school. I'm a Fashion Merchandising major and I get to take the coolest classes this year! I've taken visual merchandising (which I LOVED), as well as Textiles, History of Fashion, and Apparel Analysis (just to name a few).
Harding University in the Spring.

In the spring, I'll be taking Advanced Apparel Production. Basically, I get to make my own fashion line and then we debut it at the end of the semester. I also get to take Fashion Merchandising Practicum. We get to go to the Atlanta market! We're one of a few school groups who get invited each year. Plus, I've heard the shopping is absolutely amazing. My little fashion heart can't wait!
 My first window display!

I'm also part of this awesome social club called Iota Chi. I pledged my freshmen year (and have the scar to prove it) and have loved every moment since after that week of hell... I mean unity. I have been Service Project Director the past 2 semesters and have been team captain for Relay for Life and planned a dress drive where all the proceeds will be going to our philanthropy, She Dances. As stated on their website, they're an organization who provides holistic restoration for young girls who have been trafficked and sexually exploited in Honduras. Sadly, I won't be able to be Service Project Director this upcoming semester due to a low GPA, but I'll still be active in the club!
 Iota Chi Fall 2011
The girls', minus Rebekah and Rachel.

I'm so excited for this upcoming fall. I'll be living off-campus (with an AWESOME gal, Katie!), have an amazing job at an active retirement home, Harding Place, working in their cafeteria, and be treasurer for the Relay for Life committee! I will be super busy, but I like having lots of things to do and plan for, so I'm pumped.

Well, I better go for now. I'm currently watching my two awesome cousins, Christian and Braden, while their parents are out of town.

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment