7.19.2013

Skincare Routine.

Day 2 of my beauty care mini series!
Sorry I've been more sporadic with my postings.
The internet has been spotty and I've been working off and on the past 2 weeks.


When I was younger and started having acne, I used the Velocity skincare line from Mary Kay.
Then I became lazy and didn't really have any breakouts.
My face started getting real sensitive and I started to notice that every time I washed my face, it would break out! So no face washing=no breakouts.

I have combination skin (oily t-zone, dry everywhere else) and sensitive skin.

But recently, my face has been really brutal to me and won't quit having breakouts, so I've gone back to washing my face twice a day (when I wake up and before I go to bed). 

I use a facial cleanser and then use an astringent in the evenings (unless it starts drying my face out too much, then I don't use it). I have a facial moisturizer with salicylic acid acne medication in it, so I'll use that when I don't use the astringent. Otherwise, I'll just use my Jergen's body lotion to moisturize my face.



 Off-brand Wal-Mart version of Clearsol Daily Facial Cleanser to wash my face. 


Equate Deep Cleansing Sensitive Skin Astringent


Equate Dual Power Moisturizer.




I'm wanting to switch skincare routines because I need something that works a little bit better without being too harsh on my face. If you use something that works for you, please let me know!



1 comment:

  1. I actually had the same problem with breaking out when I washed my face so I stopped for who knows how many months. I started reading online about sensitive skin washes and found Olay Fresh Effects - Bead Me Up. I only use it like 3 times a week right now. It hasn't made me break out or dry me out too much. You might want to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete