8.09.2012

Decorating!

I'm super excited to move into my new house! I'm sharing a two-bedroom, one bathroom with my new roommate, Katie! She posted an ad on Harding's classified section and I replied and got the spot! She has decorated the whole place (aside from my room, of course) and it looks so darn cute.

I decided to look for a mattress since I won't be living in the dorms anymore. Then I got to thinking that this new bed needs new bedding! I found a really awesome deal on Walmart.com where it's one of those bed-in-a-bag deals, PLUS it comes with matching curtains!

I also found a FREE (my favorite four letter word) twin headboard and bed frame. I plan on spray painting the headboard black to match the headboard in the picture. I'd also like to try and add pink fabric or a pink paint trim to the headboard. I haven't actually seen what it looks like yet, so I don't really know what I'm working with. I definitely won't have 4 pillows on my bed, so my headboard is going to show way more than it does in this picture!

You may not know this, but I love all things French. Paris-theme in particular. I've never visited France (or anywhere in Europe for that matter...), but I would LOVE to visit someday!! Since I can't go to Paris anytime soon, I've decided to bring it to me. I went on Craiglist (check it out! I've found some really great, CHEAP stuff!) and found the most amazing Paris decorations. It cost me $50, but I think it was SO worth it because the chairs are to die for.
See what I mean?? The fabric on the chairs will match the sheets on my bedding and the decorations will go nicely with my pink, black, and white color scheme.

I still need to buy a mattress, but won't be able to until financial aid money comes in. So, I'll be using an air mattress until then. Yay me.

I'll post before and after pictures once everything is finished!

Till then,


No comments:

Post a Comment