8.15.2012

Puppies!!

My sister's chiweenie (chihuahua/dachshund mix) had puppies Sunday night! She went into labor around 9:30pm and had her first puppy around 11pm. By 5am Monday morning, she had 6 puppies. Unfortunately, one didn't make it =( It was a little girl and she was a stillborn. It makes me really sad =(

The runt is worrying me a lot because she still hasn't latched on to mama to eat. So, we've been bottle feeding her every hour. My sister's friend has been waking up every hour to feed her at night. She is a rockstar!!

Here are a TON of pictures of the puppies. I'm SUCH a PROUD aunt (to say the least). =)
First puppy!

Puppy 1 and 2! The 3rd one looks just like the brown dapple. But she unfortunately passed away. =(

4 puppies!

5th puppy! The pup has a little black spot on their tail.

5th pup again!

This pup looks like a little cow!

The runt! She has a heart shaped spot!!!!

I call her "little one"
The one on the left is the little pup that my sister is going to keep. His name is Rio! The little one on the right is "Mini Solomon" because he looks like our dog, Solomon.

After I bottle-fed her. She fell asleep =)

Got milk?

Mama with her puppies!

She's been such a good mama!

Trying to keep each other warm.

They're SO cute!

I want to keep all of them!

Puppy pile!

Such cuties!


The proud daddy, Marley!

 And here's a video of the puppies moving around!


Till next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment