7.04.2013

Happy 4th of July!















4th of July.
It means so much and something different to each and every person in America.
Freedom. Death. Celebration. Family.
Bar-b-q. Watermelon. Picnics and blankets.
Fireworks. The National Anthem.

I could sit here for an hour (or longer) and list everything.
Take the time to think about what the 4th of July means to you.
Coming from a family full of veterans, any patriotic day makes me reflect on them and the men and women currently in the military who are fighting, and dying, for our freedom.

The freedom to be able to enjoy a nice picnic with your family and watch the fireworks at night on the 4th of July.

There's nothing more that makes me feel like an American than when I'm at some time of sporting event (i.e. NASCAR yeehaw!) and the National Anthem is sang.
It literally gives me chills and goose bumps.

Even with everything that is going on in this world and our country, we really are the land of the free and the home of the brave.
In Washington, there's not that much patriotism other than the 4th. But after living in the South going on three years now, patriotism is everywhere!
Bumper stickers on cars saying "Support Our Troops" or "My son/daughter is in the _____".
It's so refreshing to see and know that people are appreciative of our troops.
I wasn't alive for it, but I know there was a time where soldiers were absolutely hated for what they did. I'm so glad that the animosity is mostly gone.

So thank a veteran, eat delicious food, and enjoy your family on this wonderful day of the year!

Here's a song that always get's me pumped up to be an American, a poem about a soldier's sacrifice, and tons of pinterest ideas for the 4th of July!


Have a happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment