7.09.2013

Summer Goal #2

This may seem like a silly goal, but if you knew me, you'd understand.
My second goal this summer was to finally set up my room at the house I've been living in. For the past 6 months...
I'm the ULTIMATE procrastinator on most everything, especially things that don't really need to be done, but would be nice if they were done.
I don't know why it took me 6 whole months to do it, but it did.

I didn't really feel at home while I've been living here.
I thought it was because of my two roommates that previously lived here.
But I still felt that way when they moved out in May.
Then I had two new roommates move in and they were setting up their rooms and I thought "Wow, their rooms are so homey. I wish mine was too."
Uh DUH Antasia, your room can be homey too!

I have all my decorations from my old house and used those.
I also have two chairs, a desk chair, a tv, and tv stand that I was able to throw into the mix.
So, my room went from looking like this...
 


















To this!

















Can you sense a theme going on here? haha. I sold the desk to one of my friend's roommates. I'm debating on whether or not to buy a new one.
One of my roommates suggested I go to Goodwill or someplace similar and find furniture to refurbish.

I've always wanted to refurbish a piece of furniture. I've seen tons of really cute ideas on Pinterest, but I'm nervous to buy all the supplies to just have it be an epic fail. I'm up for suggestions and would love to hear any projects that you have completed (or even bombed).



No comments:

Post a Comment